Finally, here are some results from the Wiki project.
After a few days of development, here is the accounting for the wiki project:
Desktop PC with 8Gb RAM, single home use HDD
SQL Server 2012, using XML and Full-Text search
the total amount of data to be imported: 39.2 GB
the original XML files had to be sliced in 150Mb
Continue reading […] SQL Server 2012 Full-Text search and XML Search – the Wiki project […]
In my earlier blog post I wrote about setting up the WikiDB database and importing the files.
Initially I was inclined to import the XML files as they came – the files had different sizes ranging from 140 Mb to 7 Gb.
I managed to import the first 12 files, and thought I would stop there.
Continue reading […] Azure vs. inhouse SQL Server – the Wiki project – performance tuning […]
After clarifying the terminology in my previous post, it is time to perform some use cases.
In this use case I will take a simple query, like this one:
SELECT TOP 10 [SalesOrderID]
Continue reading […] Connecting to SQL Server – latency, part 1 […]