In my earlier blog post I wrote about setting up the WikiDB database and importing the files.
Initially I was inclined to import the XML files as they came – the files had different sizes ranging from 140 Mb to 7 Gb.
I managed to import the first 12 files, and thought I would stop there.
Continue reading […] Azure vs. inhouse SQL Server – the Wiki project – performance tuning […]
As I blogged yesterday, the competition is on: in-house SQL Server vs. Windows Azure.
It does feel like the war of the robots!
Yesterday I started importing the data, and today I have some results.
Here are some notes of the process, though.
As I mentioned, I am using a home desktop with Pentium Dual Core E5400 @
Continue reading […] Azure vs. inhouse SQL Server – the Wiki project results […]
Recently I have been trying to make sense of the cloud computing and specifically of Windows Azure.
I did some performance tests of SQL Azure and established some bottlenecks.
Luckily, it so happened that during a chat with Alan Smith, we decided to take on a project and compare the capabilities of an in-house SQL Server vs.
Continue reading […] Azure vs. inhouse SQL Server – the Wiki project […]