SQL Server 2012 Full-Text search and XML Search - the Wiki project

Finally, here are some results from the Wiki project.

After a few days of development, here is the accounting for the wiki project:

Desktop PC with 8Gb RAM, single home use HDD
SQL Server 2012, using XML and Full-Text search
the total amount of data to be imported: 39.2 GB
the original XML files had to be sliced in 150Mb

Continue reading […] SQL Server 2012 Full-Text search and XML Search – the Wiki project […]

 

Full-Text catalog properties - SQL Server

Recently I have been working with the Wiki project – just to prove that my desktop PC can be as fast as Windows Azure in hosting and searching through the entire Wiki content.

In order to do that I created a local database which contains all wikipedia articles in XML format and it uses XML indexing

Continue reading […] Full-Text catalog properties – SQL Server […]

 

Azure vs. inhouse SQL Server - the Wiki project - performance tuning

In my earlier blog post I wrote about setting up the WikiDB database and importing the files.

Initially I was inclined to import the XML files as they came – the files had different sizes ranging from 140 Mb to 7 Gb.

I managed to import the first 12 files, and thought I would stop there.

But on

Continue reading […] Azure vs. inhouse SQL Server – the Wiki project – performance tuning […]