Finally, here are some results from the Wiki project.
After a few days of development, here is the accounting for the wiki project:
Desktop PC with 8Gb RAM, single home use HDD
SQL Server 2012, using XML and Full-Text search
the total amount of data to be imported: 39.2 GB
the original XML files had to be sliced in 150Mb
Continue reading […] SQL Server 2012 Full-Text search and XML Search – the Wiki project […]
Recently I have been working with the Wiki project – just to prove that my desktop PC can be as fast as Windows Azure in hosting and searching through the entire Wiki content.
In order to do that I created a local database which contains all wikipedia articles in XML format and it uses XML indexing
Continue reading […] Full-Text catalog properties – SQL Server […]
In my earlier blog post I wrote about setting up the WikiDB database and importing the files.
Initially I was inclined to import the XML files as they came – the files had different sizes ranging from 140 Mb to 7 Gb.
I managed to import the first 12 files, and thought I would stop there.
Continue reading […] Azure vs. inhouse SQL Server – the Wiki project – performance tuning […]